Volvic, the Danone-owned mineral water brand, is kicking off its biggest-ever UK marketing campaign this summer across its flavoured waters range, Volvic Touch of Fruit and Volvic Juiced. The ‘Let It Out’ initiative reaches out to consumers through multiple channels to raise awareness and ultimately drive penetration, and will include a massive sampling operation across three key UK cities and a partnership with The Sun newspaper to distribute yet more free samples.
Adrienne Toner, Senior Brand Manager at Volvic, says: “Health is one of the big trends at the moment. We know consumers are actively moving away from sugary carbonated drinks into soft drinks that they view as healthier. However, we also know not everyone enjoys the taste of plain water. That’s where our Volvic flavoured waters range comes in, as it perfectly fills this gap.”
Backed by an investment of over £3million, ‘Let It Out’ is a product-led campaign told in a way that emotionally connects with the millennial target audience. Volvic believes that life is better when we approach it with positivity and that it takes inner strength to choose to approach everyday moments of frustration with optimism and a sense of humour.
Based on this, Volvic says the ‘Let It Out’ campaign is set to inspire consumers to ‘let out’ their optimism and positivity while enticing them to ‘let out’ the flavour inside bottles of Touch of Fruit and Juiced.
The campaign will run from July 17 2017 until the end of August and will include:
- A complete packaging-refresh across Volvic Touch of Fruit and Volvic Juiced, emphasising taste and naturalness.
- The brand’s biggest Out Of Home advertising campaign yet, with displays never more than 10 metres away from point of purchase.
- Three new TV sponsorship idents showing how people ‘let out’ their inner optimism and see the positive in everyday moments of frustration. These will be on air every day throughout the summer as part of Volvic’s on-going E4 sponsorship, shown alongside hit TV shows such as How I Met Your Mother and The Inbetweeners as well as the new series launch of 2 Broke Girls.
- A huge social media presence across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to engage with Volvic’s millennial target audience.
- YouTube bumper ads targeting viewers with tailored content related to what they are watching.
- A partnership with News UK, including a front page ad in The Sun for a free sample on July 21.
- Large-scale depot and in-store takeovers in key retailers.
- A nationwide experiential sampling campaign, which will visit three cities across the UK this summer.
Adrienne Toner concludes: “Our 360 campaign is about recruiting new consumers into the category through Volvic’s flavoured portfolio.”
Last year, Volvic Juiced launched its biggest ever brand campaign and innovation launch, using the hashtag #smallvictories. This included media partnerships, OOH, experiential, sampling and digital and face-to-face couponing (see www.promomarketing.info, May 13 2016). The £1.8m campaign focused on recruiting new consumers into the brand and supporting the launch of its new Volvic Juiced Tropical 50cl variant. The campaign ran throughout the summer months.
Danone Waters (UK & Ireland) Limited (DWUK) is the UK parent company of the bottled waters and beverages produced by evian, Volvic and BADOIT. Danone is a leading global food company built on four business lines: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters and Medical Nutrition. Present in over 130 markets, Danone generated sales of €22.4 billion in 2015, with more than half in emerging countries. Danone’s brand portfolio includes both international brands (Activia, Actimel, Danette, Danonino, Danio, evian, Volvic, Nutrilon/Aptamil, Nutricia) and local brands (Oikos, Prostokvashino, Aqua, Bonafont, Mizone, Blédina, Cow & Gate).