Female empowerment, activism, discovery and self-care collide in the latest event from The Body Shop. The free pop-up will take place on 9th and 10th March at the Truman Brewery in Shoreditch.
Created to celebrate women and featuring artwork by Laura Callaghan, guests will be able to enjoy free makeovers, express facials, massages and hair braiding, as well as a selection of inspirational workshops.
The space will include the ‘A She in Every Shea’ exhibition celebrating 25 years of the women behind The Body Shop’s Community Trade shea butter. There will also be a curated shop, offering 25% off and a free Goodie Bag worth £30 when guests spend over £25.
A selection of female role-models and activists will be speaking at the #empowHER talks and workshops, sharing insightful tips and life lessons. A range of topics will be discuessed, covering everything from body confidence, anxiety, finding your game face, everyday activism, carving a career your way to looking after yourself.
Speaking at the #empowHER sessions will be:
- Megan Crabbe, body positive activist and author
- Fearne Cotton, broadcaster and author of ‘Happy’
- Scarlett Curtis, author of ‘Feminists Don’t Wear Pink’
- Pixie Geldoff, activist and model
- Cat Meffan, yoga teacher and wellness blogger
- Sonny Turner, model and activist
- Deborah Frances-White, comedian and host of ‘The Guilty Feminist’ podcast
- Clare Amfo, Radio 1 DJ
- Laura Whitemore, presenter