Coca-Cola has officially kickstarted the countdown to Christmas as it announces the return of its iconic Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Tour, stopping off at new locations, much to the delight of eagerly awaiting fans. Starting its tour on Friday 15th November, the Coca-Cola Truck will visit 19 stops nationwide before making its final stop in London on Sunday 15th December.
In a snowy winter wonderland setting, visitors will be able to enjoy festive photo moments and enjoy a small can of Coca-Cola zero sugar* to get them in the Christmas spirit. In addition, when the Christmas Truck stops at Asda and Sainsbury’s stores, shoppers will be able to purchase a pack of 250ml glass bottles of Coca-Cola zero sugar, Coca-Cola original taste and Diet Coke and have the labels personalised with their name at the truck for a special festive treat.
This year, Coca-Cola has partnered with Crisis – the national homelessness charity, which is now in its 52nd year. Coca-Cola will donate 10p for each can recycled by visitors at the truck tour, with funds going to Crisis to help people out of homelessness. The initiative not only aims to help the charity, but also encourage recycling as part of Coca-Cola’s World Without Waste goal to help collect and recycle a bottle or can for each one sold by 2025 in Western Europe.
Continuing to bring festive magic to people across Great Britain ahead of the big day, the sight of the Coca-Cola Truck is often said to mark the official start of Christmas and has done so ever since it first appeared in Coca-Cola’s famous ‘Holidays Are Coming’ advert.
Kris Robbens, Marketing Director at Coca-Cola Great Britain and Ireland, comments: “Christmas is all about sharing special moments with friends and loved ones and we’re looking forward to spreading the festive cheer across Great Britain again this year with our iconic CocaCola Christmas Truck Tour.
“Whilst Christmas is a moment of celebration, it’s also incredibly important to remember those that need support throughout the season. So, we’re really pleased to partner with Crisis and whilst guests at the tour enjoy a refreshing Coca-Cola zero sugar, when they recycle their can, they’ll be helping to support an amazing charity.”
Jon Sparkes, Chief Executive at Crisis, comments: “Everyone in our society should have a safe and secure home. But right now, many people are denied this basic human need. None of us should be facing the prospect of a Christmas without a home.
“We know that ending homelessness is absolutely possible. We’re delighted to be working with Coca-Cola throughout its iconic Christmas Truck Tour and receiving a donation that will help us to continue to be there for the people that need us, both at Christmas and all year round.”
To find out more about the Coca-Cola Christmas truck tour and see the full schedule, visit www.coca-cola.co.uk/trucktour. Christmas fans can also get involved @CocaCola_GB (Twitter) and @CocaColaEU (Instagram) and join the conversation using #HolidaysAreComing.
The Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Tour schedule includes the following stops, which will be open from 12pm and the queue for entry will close at 7pm:
Friday 15th and Saturday 16th November: 32 Newcraighall Rd, Edinburgh EH15 3RD (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 15th and Saturday 16th November: 49 The Hayes, St David’s Dewi Sant, Cardiff CF10 2ER (Open 11:30am-6:30pm)
- Tuesday 19th November: Asda, Creechbarrow Rd, Taunton TA1 2AN (Open 12-7pm)
- Thursday 21st November: Asda Boldon, North Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne, Boldon Colliery NE35 9AR (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd November: White Rose Shopping Centre, Leeds, LS11 8LU (Open 127pm)
- Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd November: Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, BS34 5DG (Open 12-7pm)
- Wednesday 27th November: Asda, Pudsey, Leeds, LS28 6AR (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 29th and Saturday 30th November: Whiteley Shopping Centre, Portsmouth, PO15 7PD (Open 127pm)
- Friday 29th and Saturday 30th November: Marshalls Yard, Gainsborough, DN21 2NA (Open 12-7pm)
- Monday 2nd December: Asda Eastlands, Manchester, M11 4BD (Open 12-7pm)
- Tuesday 3rd December: Asda, Leyton Mill, London, E10 5NH (Open 12-7pm)
- Wednesday 4th December: Asda, Watford, London, WD24 7RT (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 6th – Saturday 7th December: Intu Trafford Centre, Manchester, M17 8AA (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 6th – Saturday 7th December: Intu Merry Hill, Dudley, DY5 1QX (Open 12-7pm)
- Tuesday 10th December: Sainsbury’s Beckton, London, E6 6JF (Open 12-7pm)
- Wednesday 11th December: Sainsbury’s Essex, London, SS13 1SA (Open 12-7pm)
- Friday 13th and Saturday 14th December: Events Square, Cheshire Oaks, Liverpool, CH65 9JJ (Open 127pm)
- Friday 13th and Saturday 14th December: Intu Lakeside, London, RM20 2ZP (Open 12-7pm)
- Sunday 15th December: 02 Arena, London, SE10 0DX (12-7pm)
*Guests at each stop will be offered a complimentary 150ml Coca-Cola zero sugar or a Coca-Cola original taste or Diet Coke upon request only.