Blackjack Promotions, the staffing, travel retail and experiential marketing specialist, is taking part in a Queen Elizabeth Foundation (QEF) ‘Apprentice’ Challenge as part of an ongoing charity partnership between its parent company, OmniServ, and Queen Elizabeth’s Foundation for Disabled People (QEF).
The ‘QEF Apprentice Challenge’ will see a number of Blackjack’s senior team members put through their paces to try and sell the highest number of goods across a number of QEF charity shops around Surrey.
For the challenge, six teams have been selected from within OmniServ and Blackjack Promotions, to compete in the challenge. In the style of the popular television show, The Apprentice, team members will take over a number of QEF charity shops for two hours over a period of six days, November 1st and 4th-8th. During this time, they can re-merchandise, change, promote, or do whatever they need to do to sell as much as they can.
Team’s will be judged on who sells the most during those two hours; the team who have created the best window display (as voted by the general public); and the team that signs up the most gift aiders.
Antony Marke, Group Managing Director at Omniserv, said:“At Blackjack, we pride ourselves in being experts in creating outstanding retail experiences that leave a lasting impression with customers. It will be interesting to see how our team members fare when put to the test in the ‘QEF Apprentice Challenge’ and it’s great to see so many of our Blackjack team members getting on board with this exciting charity fundraising event to raise money for a great cause. I’m looking forward to taking on the Lord Sugar role – but should make very clear that it’s all in the name of fun and, at the end of the day, no one will be getting fired!”
The six teams, each named after one of ABM’s core values, will cover the following QEF charity shop locations across Surrey:
- Team Collaboration: Led by Fiona Rayner, Head of Experiential & International Operations for Blackjack Promotions at 134 Walton Road, East Molesey on 1stNovember 2019
- Team Integrity: Led by Paul Williams, Head of Business Development for OmniServ at 6 North Parade, Chessington on 4thNovember 2019
- Team Respect: Led by Leanne Nutter, Head of Travel Retail for Blackjack Promotions at 33-35 High Street, Leatherhead on 5thNovember 2019
- Team Innovation: Led by Nikki Fisher, Head of Staffing for Blackjack Promotions at 96 High Street, Banstead on 6thNovember 2019
- Team Trust: Led by Steve Foran, Customer Service Manager for OmniServ at 8 Craddock Avenue, Ashtead on 7thNovember 2019
- Team Excellence: Led by Rob Stevanonic, Senior Commercial Manager for OmniServ at 99 Central Road, Worcester Park on 8thNovember 2019
QEF is a national disability charity with more than 80 years’ experience of developing innovative services which support people with disabilities to increase their independence and achieve their goals in life, including accessing aviation. The charity works with over 5,000 children and adults every year with physical or learning disabilities or acquired brain injuries.
The initiative is part of an ongoing charity partnership with QEF, announced at the beginning of 2019, whereby OmniServ and its travel retail division Blackjack Promotions pledged to support QEF as part of its continued commitment to making air travel accessible for everyone.